- Serves: 12
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
Get veg into little ones by cutting it up small and adding to muffins. You can use whatever veg you have at home - frozen peas, sweetcorn, or butternut squash all taste great. Make a batch or two and keep in the freezer for up to a month.
- 1 medium carrot (about 100g)
- 1 courgette (about 150g)
- 1 medium pepper
- ½ tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Basil springs, finely chopped (optional)
- 75g cheddar, coarsely grated
- Heat oven to Mark 5/190°C/170°C fan. Oil a muffin tin and finely chop vegetables no bigger than ½ cm. Add to a frying pan with the oil and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 mins until soft.
- Beat 6 large British Lion eggs in a bowl. Add cooked vegetables, most of the cheese and the basil, if using. Mix well, spoon into the muffin tin and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until cooked through, they should have a light spring when pressed in the centre. Cool for 15 mins before removing from the tin and enjoy.
Save time by chopping the veg in a food processor, pulsing the machine to avoid them being pureed.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: