Annabel Karmel’s sweet potato and carrot rostis
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 125g carrot, peeled and grated
- 175g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 medium British Lion eggs, beaten
- 70g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium British Lion egg per adult portion – poached
- 1 medium British Lion egg for baby / toddler portion – poached egg yolk, drizzled
- Measure all of the ingredients except the oil into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, then add heaped tablespoons of the mixture to the pan.
- Spread out and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- You can make large rostis for adults by adding 2 heaped tablespoons of mixture to the pan, cooking them for 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- For the poached egg topper, bring a pan of water to the boil and swirl the water. Crack each of the British Lion eggs into a ramekin. Tip into the water, then repeat with the second and third eggs.
- Gently simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until the white is cooked but the yolk is still runny. Drain onto kitchen paper.
- Add a poached egg to each adult portion and just the yolk to a baby / toddler portion.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on veggie pasta
A quick and easy egg and veggie pasta meal for babies and nutritionally balanced. There’s high quality protein, important...
Annabel Karmel's Scrambled egg and guacamole teddy bears
Suitable for: toddler Serves: 2 adult portions and 2 baby portions
Dippy egg with cucumber sticks
Ring the changes to the traditional egg and toast soldiers, by letting baby dip cucumber fingers into a dippy...
Omelette fingers with tomato and spinach
Omelette fingers are an ideal and nutritious early meal for your baby and a great finger food. This omelette...