Bacon and egg pitta
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 7mins
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp. low fat mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 25g watercress
- 2 wholemeal pitta bread
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling simmer for 7 minutes.
- Whilst the eggs cook, cook the bacon under a hot grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time until it is crisp and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. When cold peel away the shells. Roughly chop two of the eggs and mix with the mayonnaise and seasoning. Thinly slice the other two eggs.
- Cut each pitta bread in half, then use a knife to create a pocket in each half. Divide the watercress and egg mixture between the pitta pockets, then top with the sliced eggs and bacon. Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill until required.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: