Baked eggs with chorizo and butterbeans
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
This is a simple, comforting dish you can make with lots of ingredients you probably already have at home.
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 100g chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 150g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 x 400g tin butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Heat the olive oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes, until crisp. Remove the chorizo from the pan and add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until starting to soften, then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, 200ml water, the sweetcorn and butterbeans along with the chorizo. Stir well to combine, then crack in the eggs. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for around 10 minutes, until the eggs are just set.
3. Remove the pan from the oven, season and garnish with parsley before serving.
You can use almost any veg in this dish - green peas or spinach also work really well.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: