- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 40mins
Baked paella recipe
- 3 boneless chicken breast, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2 tbsp very dry sherry, optional
- 60ml/4 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5ml/1 tsp paprika
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 225g/8oz American easy cook rice
- few strands of saffron, optional
- 75g/3oz frozen peas
- 1 small can of shrimps, drained or 75g/3oz prawns, defrosted
- 4 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 8 pimento stuffed green olives, halved
- 5ml/1 tsp cumin seeds, optional
- Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 15ml/1tbsp oil in a frying pan and quickly cook chicken, turning regularly for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from heat and pour over the sherry, if using.
- Place parsley in a shallow dish, add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes to soften.
- Stir in paprika, if using, with peppers. Measure out 450ml/3/4 pint cold water.
- Add rice to the pan, stir then add water and saffron with a generous pinch of salt.
- Cover, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in peas, shrimps or prawns and prepared chicken. Place in a 1-litre/2pt shallow ovenproof dish.
- Lightly beat eggs together and pour over rice.
- Scatter with cumin seeds, if using.
- Bake at 210C/420F/Gas Mark 7 for 10-15 minutes until egg is just set.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Kind of kedgeree
A quick and economical version of the British favourite.
Wild mushrooms and asparagus pasta
This delicious pasta dish makes a simple vegetarian meal.
MOB Kitchen's anchovy and caper carbonara
A new take on carbonara using British Lion eggs, a zesty lemon, parmesan and mixed with a base of...