- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
Delicious served with steak!
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4tbsp of dry white wine
- 175g/6oz unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large British Lion egg yolks
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- fresh tarragon (optional)
- chives (optional)
- Finely chop a shallot and place in a small pan with the dried tarragon.
- Place the vinegar and wine in a small pan and simmer until reduced by half. Place the egg yolk and vinegar mixture in a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of gently simmering water.
Whilst still whisking, gradually add the butter in a slow but steady stream until the mixture
has thickened and all the butter is incorporated.
- Stir through a little chopped fresh tarragon and chives if liked before serving.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Painted boiled eggs
Drawing faces on boiled eggs is a fun activity that's suitable for all ages and skill levels. Whether it's...
Eggs Benedict recipe
A classic breakfast favourite, Eggs Benedict is one of the most popular egg recipes. If you're feeling extra crafty...