Blue cheese and bacon pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Blue cheese and bacon pancakes are a tasty alternative to traditional pancakes.
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 75ml/3floz milk
- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 75g/3oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- fried eggs to serve
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 5 mins, turning once until crisp. Leave to cool, then chop. Place the egg yolks and milk in a large bowl, sift over the flour, caster sugar and salt and mix well. Whisk the egg whites in a clean grease-free bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold into the flour mixture. Gently stir in the chopped bacon and blue cheese.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Drop two to three large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the hot pan and cook for 2 mins until crisp and golden. Turn over and cook for a further 1 min until golden. Transfer to a clean tea towel to keep warm. Cook the remaining batter in the same way to make 8 pancakes.
- To serve, heap the warm pancakes onto a plate, top with a fried egg if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: