- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
This homemade blueberry pudding recipe is simple and straightforward, using only a handful of ingredients. This dessert is perfect for anyone looking for a sweet and fruity treat that's easy to make.
- 4 croissants
- 175g frozen blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 5 medium British Lion eggs
- 300ml whole milk
- flaked almonds
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/Fan 180oc/Gas 6.
- Lightly oil a 1.2ltr ovenproof dish.
- Diagonally slice the croissant vertically into 5-6 pieces. Mix the blueberries with the lemon zest and sugar.
- Arrange croissant slices and blueberries in two layers in the dish. Drizzle over the lemon juice.
- Beat eggs and milk together and pour over the croissants.
- Leave to soak for 5 minutes, pushing them down with a fork as they soak up the liquid.
- Scatter over the almonds if using and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the mixture all puffed up.
- Carefully remove from the oven, and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Parma ham bruschetta
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
Eggs royale is a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.
Breakfast naan with fried egg, bacon and caramelised onions
This recipe is perfect for the weekends when you have more time to indulge in a delicious breakfast.
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.