Pancake bubble and squeak
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
Try these bubble and squeak pancakes.
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g left over vegetables such as sliced new potatoes, mashed potatoes, sliced cabbage, carrots, sprouts or peas
- For the pancake batter:
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 150ml/1/4pt milk
- A little oil for frying
- Sauté onion in a non-stick frying pan in vegetable oil for 4 minutes until golden.
- Add leftover vegetables. Continue cooking squishing and mixing the vegetables together until they are hot and ‘squeak’ in the pan.
- Divide the mixture between four pancakes and serve with grilled bacon and poached eggs
You may also like our bubble and squeak patties recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: