Cauliflower pizza with spinach and egg
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 40mins
- For the base...
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 3 medium British Lion eggs
- To top...
- 125ml tomato passata
- 125g mozzarella
- 100g bag baby spinach
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- Break the cauliflower into florets. Place in a food processor (you might have to do this in batches) and whizz until the cauliflower resembles couscous.
- Place the cauliflower into a bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on high for four minutes, until soft. Leave to cool, then place into a clean tea towel and wring out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180 fan / gas mark 6. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the cauliflower into a clean bowl, add the ground almonds, dried herbs, eggs and season generously. Mix well until combined, then divide into two and place each half onto the lined baking sheet.
- Using your hands, shape each half into a circle, about one centimeter thick, and slightly thicker around the edge. Bake in the oven for twenty-five minutes, until golden and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile microwave the spinach in its bag for two minutes. Leave to cool slightly, then squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Remove the cauliflower bases from the oven and spread the tomato passata on top. Tear the mozzarella and place on top.
- Place the pizzas back into the oven for about five minutes, so that the mozzarella melts. Then crack the egg into the middle of the pizza and add the spinach.
- Place back into the oven for a further 7-9 minutes, until the egg is set.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: