Cauliflower pizza with spinach and egg
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- For the base...
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 3 medium British Lion eggs
- To top...
- 125ml tomato passata
- 125g mozzarella
- 100g bag baby spinach
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- Break the cauliflower into florets. Place in a food processor (you might have to do this in batches) and whizz until the cauliflower resembles couscous.
- Place the cauliflower into a bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on high for four minutes, until soft. Leave to cool, then place into a clean tea towel and wring out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180 fan / gas mark 6. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the cauliflower into a clean bowl, add the ground almonds, dried herbs, eggs and season generously. Mix well until combined, then divide into two and place each half onto the lined baking sheet.
- Using your hands, shape each half into a circle, about one centimeter thick, and slightly thicker around the edge. Bake in the oven for twenty-five minutes, until golden and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile microwave the spinach in its bag for two minutes. Leave to cool slightly, then squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Remove the cauliflower bases from the oven and spread the tomato passata on top. Tear the mozzarella and place on top.
- Place the pizzas back into the oven for about five minutes, so that the mozzarella melts. Then crack the egg into the middle of the pizza and add the spinach.
- Place back into the oven for a further 7-9 minutes, until the egg is set.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg-topped smokey aubergine salad
When cooked over open fire, aubergine has an amazing way of transforming its flavour and texture into a smoky...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Vegetable frittata with mushrooms, spinach and avocado
Popular vlogger Barry Lewis of My Virgin Kitchen has created an amazingly tasty fully loaded vegetable frittata - a...