Cherry & chocolate roulade
- Serves: 8
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
Give the family a special treat. This delicious dessert is sure to impress.
- 1 (400g) can pitted black cherries in syrup, drained
- 45ml/3tbsp brandy
- 5 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 150g/5oz plain chocolate, melted
- 300ml/1/2 pt double cream
- icing sugar and cocoa powder to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Lightly oil a 33x23cm (13x9in) Swiss roll tin and line with baking parchment. Mix the cherries and brandy together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in large bowl until creamy. Stir in the chocolate and 45ml/3tbsp water.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl, until soft peaks form. Stir a large spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen it, then gently fold in the remainder. Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for 25-30mins or until firm to the touch.
- Place a damp teatowel on the work surface and cover with a sheet of baking parchment. turn-out the roulade, face down onto the parchment and peel away the lining paper. Cover with a damp teatowel and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Spread the cream over the roulade, scatter over the soaked cherries. Roll up the roulade, starting from a short end, using the paper to help. Dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder and serve in slices.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Give your friends a treat with these scrumptious banoffee pancakes. For fabulous pancakes every time check out our guide...
Impress your guests with this delicious cheesecake recipe.
Fresh fruit gateau
This delicious dessert is perfect for a dinner party and because it contains less than 250 calories it will...