- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
This is a delicious classic dessert which is the perfect answer to dinner party dilemmas. We have lots more recipes for you to try when entertaining.
- 225g/8oz strawberries, hulled
- 30ml/2tbsp icing sugar
- 4 large British Lion egg yolks
- 65g/2.5oz Marsala or medium sherry
- Drinking chocolate to dust
- Thin biscuits to serve
- Rinse the strawberries in cold water, then cut each in half. Place in a small bowl and toss in the icing sugar. Divide between four tall glasses and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and whisk until the eggs are thick and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the Marsala, the mixture will become runny.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and cook for 10-15 mins, whisking all the time until the mixture is really thick and creamy - it should be thick enough to leave an 's' shape on the top of the mixture when the whisk heads are lifted. Divide the mixture between the glasses spooning it over the strawberries, dust with drinking chocolate and serve immediately with thin biscuits.
- Save three of the egg whites from separating the eggs for making our delicious Pavlovas. Placed in a rigid container and covered, egg whites can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months for meringue making at a later date. Thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Orange and lemon soufflés
Impress family and friends with this delicious soufflé recipe at 302 calories per portion
Easter bunny biscuits
188 calories per portion These Easter luxury biscuits are perfect to make for or with children, and they'll love...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...