Egg bagel doughnut
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 8 British Lion eggs
- 200g reduced fat hummus (optional)
- Ras el hanout seasoning, to taste
- 2 radishes
- ¼ each red and yellow pepper
- ½ small carrot
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 4 bagels, halved and toasted
- Place eggs in a pan of warm water, bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins. Drain and cool in a large bowl of cold water. Once cooled, peel and shell.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl, using a butter knife or fork, finely chop or crush the eggs until quite fine. Add hummus (optional) and a good pinch of ras el hanout, to taste. Mix well.
- Finely chop radishes, peppers and carrot, then mix with chives to make ‘rainbow sprinkles’.
- Toast bagels until golden, spread each half with the egg mixture and top with the sprinkles.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
Popular how-to guides
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for cooking great boiled eggs every time.
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light perfect basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Poaching an egg is easy to master, follow our step-by-step guide.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.