Egg pinchos with red pepper salsa
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 450g potatoes, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6 medium British Lion Quality eggs
- 1 (450g) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 150g pitted olives - green, black or mix of both
- Handful of flat parsley leaves
- ocktail sticks
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate the potato and place in a sieve, use a spoon to squeeze out the juices then pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Add the potatoes and the garlic cloves to the pan and continue to cook over a high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly until the potatoes are soft and starting to brown.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper, then pour over the onion and potatoes and stir well. Shake the pan to make and even layer. Return the pan to the heat, cover with a tray or lid and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and pop the pan under a hot grill and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the top is set. Leave the omelette to cool completely in the pan.
- Whilst it cools, make the salsa: take half the roasted peppers and dry on kitchen paper before cutting into strips. Place the remaining peppers in a jug add the olive oil, vinegar half the parsley and use a stick blender to make a smooth pepper dip. Season to taste and spoon into a bowl.
- Assemble the Pinchos: tip the cold omelette out onto a board and cut it into even sized chunks about 3cm square - it doesn’t matter too much if some aren’t perfect squares.
- Use cocktail sticks to thread up a parsley leaf, olive, strip of pepper and couple of chunks of omelette then place on on a platter - repeat to make about 24. Serve the pinchos with the red pepper salsa.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Get veg into little ones by cutting it up small and adding to muffins. You can use whatever veg...
Parma ham bruschetta
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
Funny face frittata
I like to decorate my frittatas with some fresh vegetables to create a smiley face so it’s more appealable...
Spicy roast vegetables and lentils with boiled egg
This dish takes almost no time to prepare! You can save the leftovers for the next day, as it...