English breakfast tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
Create a tortilla from classic breakfast ingredients and you'll have a perfect meal at any time of the day.
- 8 large British Lion eggs, beaten and seasoned
- 4 quality sausages of your choice
- 100g smoked pancetta rashers, halved
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100g sunblush tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Dip sauce to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6. Grill the sausages until cooked through. Remove and slice each sausage on the diagonal into four pieces.
- Meanwhile add the mushrooms and pancetta to a frying pan and cook over a medium to high heat until golden.
- Add the sausages to the pan along with the sunblush tomatoes and spring onion, then pour in the eggs. Cook until just set around the edges.
- Transfer to the hot oven and cook for around 6-8 minutes until the top is golden and the eggs are set. Turn out onto a plate and serve with a big dollop of your favourite sauce.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Eggy Mexican quesadillas
Quesadillas with a twist! This version uses thin omelettes instead of tortillas to create this tasty Mexican recipe.
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
A fresh and quick version of this classic egg recipe.