Fast Florentine eggs
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 2mins
- 25g grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of spinach leaves (around 30g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the spinach in a microwave-proof cereal bowl, cover with an upturned plate and cook on high for 30 seconds until wilted.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, season and beat together with a fork. Scatter over the tomatoes.
- Cover with the upturned plate, cook on high for 1 minute 20 seconds. Sprinkle with cheese and pop under a hot grill to brown for a bit - if you can’t wait, eat straight away!
Microwave timings based on a 900W oven, adjust timings for different wattage ovens.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
Salmon scrambled eggs
Salmon and eggs go together brilliantly. Ready in just eight minutes you can create a dish that’s packed with...
Scrambled eggs on toasted wholemeal muffins
This simple dish makes an ideal post-exercise meal as it combines both carbohydrate (from muffins) and protein (from eggs)...