Kerala style egg curry
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- 8 British Lion eggs hardboiled and peeled
- 4 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 onion sliced finely
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon tumeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 dry red chillies
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Whilst the eggs are boiling heat the oil in a wok and when hot add the mustard seeds. (ensure that the oil is hot and then turn the fire down or the mustard seeds will burn)
- Add the red chillies and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry till golden
- Add the curry leaves, minced ginger and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Add the coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala and the tomatoes and sauté for about 3 minutes. The oil should come to the top at this point. Add the potatoes and saute for a couple of mintues
- Add half the coconut milk diluted with about 100 ml water and cook for about 8 minutes
- Lightly fry the eggs in oil
- Then add the eggs to the gravy and cook for about 3 minutes adding the curry leaves and the pepper
- Add the remaining coconut milk and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.
Recipe courtesy of jacintaz3.co.uk
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
A weekend favourite for the family. Try this delicious egg curry - a healthy alternative to the takeaway.
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.
Fragrant Indonesian fried rice
Egg fried rice with chicken makes a super-speedy supper for four.