Three grain tofu & egg stir-fry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
- 8 British Lion eggs
- 3 tsps vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 3 tsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsps honey
- 100g tofu, cut into cubes
- 100g dry brown rice, cooked
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 100g dried pearl barley, cooked
- 4 spring onions, cut thinly on an angle
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 tbsps sweet chilli sauce
- First marinate the diced tofu in the honey and soy sauce. Leave to one side.
- Separately crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them up. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add half the vegetable/coconut oil. Pour in the egg and make a flat omelette. Use a spatula to move the liquid egg around, as it cooks and sets, stop mixing. A little colour on the omelette will add flavour to the finished dish.
- Turn the omelette onto a chopping board and cut into a dice. Leave to one side.
- Heat a wok and add the other half of the vegetable/coconut oil and all the sesame oil. When the oil is hot add the tofu and fry it until it begins to colour.
- Add the broccoli and continue to stir fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic and mix in well. Add the rice, barley, chickpeas and the omelette – keep stir frying until everything is hot. Finally add the spring onions, coriander and sweet chilli sauce – mix together and serve in bowls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Perfect poached eggs
The homemade corned beef hash in this recipe is a great base for your perfect poached eggs to sit...
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...