Lucy Meck's quinoa scrambled eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 80g quinoa (red, white or mixed), rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions or ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 5 medium British Lion eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped basil, parsley, dill or coriander
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- Lemon, to serve.
- Cook quinoa according to pack instructions, drain well.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onions and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, add the eggs and cook over a medium heat, stirring until about half cooked. Add in the quinoa and herbs, season and cook for a further minute until the eggs are cooked through.
- Toss together the tomatoes and avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice. Spoon the quinoa scramble onto plates, top with the salsa and serve.
Add a pinch of chilli flakes if you like. You can use any leftover cooked vegetables in here too.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Salmon scrambled eggs
Salmon and eggs go together brilliantly. Ready in just eight minutes you can create a dish that’s packed with...
Toasted bagel with spinach and eggs
This pre-exercise meal will help sustain power output during exercise thanks to its high content of carbohydrate, which is...