Lucy Meck's quinoa scrambled eggs
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 80g quinoa (red, white or mixed), rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions or ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 5 medium British Lion eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped basil, parsley, dill or coriander
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- Lemon, to serve.
- Cook quinoa according to pack instructions, drain well.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onions and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, add the eggs and cook over a medium heat, stirring until about half cooked. Add in the quinoa and herbs, season and cook for a further minute until the eggs are cooked through.
- Toss together the tomatoes and avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice. Spoon the quinoa scramble onto plates, top with the salsa and serve.
Add a pinch of chilli flakes if you like. You can use any leftover cooked vegetables in here too.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
How to make scrambled eggs
It’s easy to make amazing scrambled eggs in as little as five minutes with only a handful of ingredients...
Smoked salmon and double cream scrambled eggs
A recipe for decadent scrambled eggs made with smoked salmon and double cream.
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...