Mexican Pancake Stack
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 35mins
- 7 large British Lion eggs
- 175ml milk
- 125g plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- A little oil for frying
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (400g) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
1. First make the pancakes: Place 2 of the eggs, milk, flour and salt in a large jug and whisk together to form a smooth batter.
2. Heat a medium frying pan, add a few drops of oil, then add a ladle of batter and swirl around the pan to make a thin pancake. Cook for 2 mins on each side, until golden on both sides and transfer to a plate. Repeat to make 8 pancakes in total.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
4. Mix the onion, tomatoes, beans, avocado, chilli and two thirds of the cheese together.
5. Lightly oil the base of a 25cm baking dish and lay down a pancake.
6. Scatter over a sixth of the filling, make a well in the centre and crack an egg in into it.
7. Top with a second pancake. Repeat the layering ending in a pancake. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
You may also like: How to make pancakes - our step by step pancake recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: