Mexican style fried eggs
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 6 mins
A quick and easy meal that the family will love. Suitable for vegetarians.
- 6 small round pitta breads or rounds of fried bread
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- oil for frying
- 100g/4oz grated cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and cut into slices, dipped in a little lemon juice
- 397g can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10ml/2 tsp chilli sauce (season to taste)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the sauce, fry the onion in the oil until soft, then add the tomatoes, chilli and salt to taste. Simmer until fairly thick.
- Warm the pitta bread under the grill.
- Fry the eggs gently. Place one egg on each pitta bread, spoon round some sauce and garnish with slices of avocado and grated cheese.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Homemade beans with lightly fried eggs
Homemade beans topped with lightly fried eggs - a deliciously different recipe, perfect at tea time.
Tomato crostini with fried egg
This easy post-exercise meal is a good way of getting carbohydrate, protein, fibre and vitamins all in one. The...