MOB Kitchen's Pomegranate and Pistachio Pavlova Wreath
- Serves: 4
- Cook: 2mins
Whip up your British Lion eggs to make a delicious pavlova. Piled high with raspberries, pomegranate seeds and pistachios, this pudding will make a beautiful centrepiece for your Christmas table.
Don’t let the egg yolks go to waste. Use them to make a hollandaise sauce for breakfast the next day.
- 100g Pistachios
- 4 British Lion Eggs
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cornflour
- 200ml Double Cream
- 100ml Natural Yoghurt
- 40g Icing Sugar
- 1 Pomegranate
- 300g Raspberries
- Bunch of Mint
- Roughly chop your pistachios.
- Separate your British Lion egg whites and yolks, saving your yolks for another meal – perhaps a hollandaise sauce for a tasty way to start the day. Place your egg whites in a large bowl and whisk to stiff peaks with electric beaters.
- Add a spoonful of sugar and whisk again until your mixture forms stiff peaks. Add more sugar and whisk again, continuing in this way until all of the sugar has been added and you have a thick and glossy mixture.
- Add the cornflour and half of the chopped pistachios and gently fold in until totally incorporated.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment and gently spoon your mixture into a large circle on your tray, allowing odd peaks to stick up to give texture. Gently smooth out the top to accommodate your toppings later.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until you have a crisp, white shell and leave to cool completely.
- Add your double cream and icing sugar to a bowl and whisk until it forms thick, soft peaks, being careful not to over-whip it - it should look smooth, not fluffy. Add your yoghurt and fold through with a spoon.
- Deseed you pomegranate and discard the skin.
- Add your cream to the top of your pavlova and finish with your raspberries, pomegranate seeds, remaining chopped pistachios and mint. Serve and enjoy!
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: