Omelette with rocket, ham and sunblushed tomato
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 2mins
Whip up this Parma ham omelette which is perfect as a summer dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Slice up some Parma ham together with sweet sun blushed tomatoes and slightly spicy rocket for an extra kick.
- 15g/1/2oz butter
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g/2oz rocket leaves
- 4 slices Parma or Serrano ham, torn into pieces
- 50g/2oz sun blush tomatoes
- Beat the eggs with 30ml/2tbsp water and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Melt half the butter in a non-stick frying pan, when foaming, add half the eggs and cook over a medium heat. Use a spatula to push the set egg towards the centre of the pan, so the uncooked egg runs to re-coat the base of the pan. Continue to cook like this until no more egg runs.
- Sprinkle over half the rocket, ham and tomatoes and serve. Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato and pepper Spanish omelette
Omelettes are famous for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be packed with flavour. Enjoy the creamy...
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...