Perfect breakfast for men
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
The perfectly balanced breakfast
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 wholemeal muffin, split in two
- 1 (70g) tomato, sliced
- 100g/4oz premium lean ham
- 1 (200ml) glass of orange juice
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Fill a small frying pan with water to a depth of 5cm and heat until it is just simmering. One at a time, crack the eggs and drop them into the hot water, then reduce the heat so the water is gently bubbling. Poach for 3-4mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Meanwhile, toast the muffin and place both halves on a plate, top with the sliced tomato and ham
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs from the water and place them on top of the ham. Top with cracked pepper and serve immediately with a glass of orange juice
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Jalapeno corn bread with poached eggs, avocado and chipotle mayo
Nothing beats a super moist, buttery homemade cornbread with a fluffy centre and this recipe is just that. Top...
How to poach an egg
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...
Cheat’s hollandaise sauce Eggs Benedict
This Eggs Benedict recipe with cheat's hollandaise sauce offers a practical and delicious alternative for those seeking the luxurious...