Raspberry Eggy Bread
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- 4 slices medium sliced seeded bread
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- A little vegetable oil
- 100g fresh raspberries
- A little icing sugar to serve
1. Use a large heart shaped cutter to press out 4 hearts from the slices of bread. Alternatively make a heart shaped paper template and carefully cut around.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla together.
3. Add the heart shaped bread and leave to soak for a few minutes, turning so the egg soaks into the bread.
4. Push two thirds of the raspberries through a sieve to make a puree and sweeten to taste with sugar.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add a little oil and add the hearts, two at a time, and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate and cook the remainder.
6. To serve, stack up the hearts, top with raspberries, spoon the raspberry sauce onto the plate and dust with icing sugar.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: