Shakshuka with feta and green salsa - quick one pot
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
- 50g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 15g mint, chopped
- 10g tarragon, chopped
- 15g capers, chopped
- 15g anchovies, chopped
- 15g Dijon mustard
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 150g crumbled feta
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Sourdough and coriander to serve (optional)
- To make the green salsa, mix the parsley, mint, tarragon, capers and anchovies and combine with the mustard and oil. Set aside.
- In an ovenproof dish or frying pan, gently cook the onion, peppers and garlic for about ten minutes or until they are just about caramelized.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and spices and simmer for five minutes. Add the feta and a few spoonfuls of the green salsa.
- Make six wells in the tomato mix, crack in the eggs, bake at 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread, sprinkled with coriander.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: