Soft boiled egg and seasonal vegetable salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 7mins
- 2 room temperature British Lion eggs
- A bunch of asparagus
- Sprouting broccoli
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- A few slices of cucumber
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the eggs and simmer for four and a half minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place into a pan of cold water until you need them.
- Bring another pan of water to the boil and add the asparagus and broccoli for a minute or two (depending on how crunchy you like it). Once cooked remove the asparagus from the pan and place into cold water and then drain.
- Add the asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes, onion and pepper to a large bowl.
- To make the dressing mix the lemon, oil and mustard together. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to make sure all the vegetables are coated.
- Divide the salad betweem two bowls or plates.
- Peel and slice the eggs and add to the top of the salad.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Crazy Kitchen Blog.
More information on how long to boil an egg.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: