Tuna and egg salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
A delicious salad that's perfect all year round.
- 250g new potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- A spritz of olive oil spray
- 150g Yellowfin tuna steak
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 50g watercress
- 1 marinated red pepper, cut into strips
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g black olives
- 1tbsp capers
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp red wine vinegar
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 15-20min. Add the green beans for the last 2min of cooking time. Drain well. Tip into a large salad bowl.
- Spritz a little olive spray in a non-stick pan and fry the tuna on each side for 2min until medium rare. Set aside.
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6min. Peel and quarter. Add to the bowl with the watercress, pepper, tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Slice the tuna and lay on top of the salad.
- Whisk together the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season well and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tomato and cucumber boiled egg salad
You'll love this easy but tasty recipe that works as a starter or light lunch.
Parma ham bruschetta
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.