Garlic & mushroom bruschetta
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Quick and easy to prepare this brushetta recipe makes an excellent starter when you're entertaining.
- 6ml / 1/2tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 225g/8oz button mushrooms, halved
- 3 tbsp dry white wine (or water)
- 1 (200g) pot half fat crème frâiche
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- a dash of vinegar
- snipped fresh chives to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2-3mins or until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3mins or until the juices have come out of the mushrooms.
- Increase the heat, add the wine, (or water) and cook over a high heat until the liquid has evaporated. Season well, then stir in the crème frâiche. Gently reheat until hot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large frying pan of salted water to the boil. Add the vinegar. Carefully crack the each of the eggs into a saucer, then tip gently into the simmering water. Cook for 3-4mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Lift from the water with a slotted spoon.
- Lightly toast the bread, then top with the mushroom mixture. Place a poached egg on top and serve garnished with snipped fresh chives.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mackerel and fennel salad
This is a really tasty salad combining great tastes of mackerel and fennel.
Warm lentil and egg salad
Perfect for refuelling this meal provides high amounts of both carbohydrate and protein needed for speeding glycogen recovery and...
Poached eggs in red wine with smoked bacon and onions
Colourful and delicious, this recipe is perfect for entertaining.