Steph Houghton’s Blueberry and Lime Clafoutis
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 30mins
- 200g blueberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 75g + 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 150ml single cream
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 50g plain flour
- Icing sugar to dust and a little cream (optional)
- In a small pan, mix the milk, cream and vanilla and heat until almost boiling.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until creamy, then add the flour and mix again.
- Gradually pour the hot milk mixture onto the eggs and beat well.
- Leave to stand for at least 10 mins or longer if time allows.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/Fan 180°C. Lightly oil a 23cm/9in ovenproof dish.
- Mix the blueberries with 2 tbsp of the caster sugar and the lime zest and juice and scatter over the base of the dish.
- Pour the batter over the blueberries.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 30mins until the clafoutis is slightly risen and puffy.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with cream as desired.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Easter egg cakes
These delicious Easter egg cakes taste great - too good to be left until Easter!
Tropical fruit pavlova
This delicious dessert is suprisingly low in calories with only 356 per portion
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...
Lemon meringue roulade
Finish your dinner party in style with this delicious and impressive dessert.