Steph Houghton’s Soft Boiled Eggs with Spinach, Bacon and Walnut Salad
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 3 rashers of lean streaky bacon
- 25g walnut pieces
- ½ avocado, peeled and diced
- 75g spinach, watercress and rocket salad leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grill the bacon for about 5 minutes, turning until it is crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Toast the walnut pieces under the grill until pale golden.
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with 2.5cm of boiling water and place on a high heat. Gently stir the eggs and set the timer for 5 minutes (longer if you want firmer yolks)
- Meanwhile, arrange the salad leaves in a bowl, add the avocado, bacon and walnuts.
- Drain the eggs, and rinse in cold running water. When cool enough to handle, tap the shells all over and peel away. Cut in half and leave to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard and honey together with seasoning. Pour over the salad and toss well until coated.
- Top with the eggs and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: