Tom Daley’s stress-free sabayon
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 60g caster sugar
- 120ml marsala
- 4 large British Lion egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300g strawberries, quartered
- 225g raspberries
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 6 almond biscuits (such as Jules Destrooper)
- A pinch of sugar
- Mix the berries together with a pinch of sugar and the rosewater and set aside to macerate.
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar for a couple of minutes until pale and fluffy. Mix in the marsala and vanilla bean paste bit by bit then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water otherwise you will get scrambled eggs!) and whisk for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is warm, pale, thick and mousse-like.
- Divide the berries between 4 glass bowls and pour the sabayon sauce over the berries and top with the almond biscuit. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg custard can be served on its own or to accompany a hot dessert such as apple pie.
Cherry clafoutis recipe (284 calories per portion)
MOB Kitchen's Pomegranate and Pistachio Pavlova Wreath
Whip up your British Lion eggs to make a delicious pavlova. Piled high with raspberries, pomegranate seeds and pistachios...
Lacy pancakes with rosewater berries
A delicious way to serve pancakes