Tom Daley’s stress-free sabayon
- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 60g caster sugar
- 120ml marsala
- 4 large British Lion egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300g strawberries, quartered
- 225g raspberries
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 6 almond biscuits (such as Jules Destrooper)
- A pinch of sugar
- Mix the berries together with a pinch of sugar and the rosewater and set aside to macerate.
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar for a couple of minutes until pale and fluffy. Mix in the marsala and vanilla bean paste bit by bit then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water otherwise you will get scrambled eggs!) and whisk for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is warm, pale, thick and mousse-like.
- Divide the berries between 4 glass bowls and pour the sabayon sauce over the berries and top with the almond biscuit. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Double chocolate mousse
A recipe for chocoholics. This luxurious chocolate dessert is ideal for entertaining and will make sure that there are...
Soufflé omelette, quark cream & berries
Soufflé omelette, with quark cream and berries with only 273 calories per portion is a quick and easy dessert
Honey and raspberry pancakes
Honey and raspberry pancakes (217 calories per portion) are a light and delicious dessert, perfect for summer nights.