White bean and egg salad
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 100g/4oz canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 75g/3oz cucumber, chopped
- 30ml/2 tbsp virtually fat free vinaigrette style dressing
- 25g/1oz young spinach leaves
- Place the egg in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 6 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove. Quarter the egg.
- Place the beans, tomato, cucumber and dressing in a serving bowl; season with plenty of black pepper and toss together. Add the egg and spinach leaves and toss lightly to mix. Serve with a small piece of bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Indian egg and potato salad
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...
Low calorie potted egg and cress
This egg recipe is equally delicious as a sandwich filling or dip sauce.