White bean and egg salad
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 100g/4oz canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 75g/3oz cucumber, chopped
- 30ml/2 tbsp virtually fat free vinaigrette style dressing
- 25g/1oz young spinach leaves
- Place the egg in a small pan of cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, then cook for 6 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, tap the shell all over and remove. Quarter the egg.
- Place the beans, tomato, cucumber and dressing in a serving bowl; season with plenty of black pepper and toss together. Add the egg and spinach leaves and toss lightly to mix. Serve with a small piece of bread.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...
Low calorie potted egg and cress
This egg recipe is equally delicious as a sandwich filling or dip sauce.
Boiled egg chicken salad
Perfect sharing lunch dish for you and your friends. Sweet and sour chicken takes the good old egg salad...
Nicoise salad with coddled egg
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.