Annabel Karmel’s poached egg spaghetti with pesto and cherry tomatoes
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 175g spaghetti
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 heaped tablespoons fresh pesto
- 150g cherry tomatoes quartered
- Small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain reserving 3 tbsp of pasta water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the garlic and frying for 30 seconds.
- Add the pesto, tomatoes, basil and drained pasta and toss over the heat for a few seconds. Add the reserved pasta water and the Parmesan cheese. Spoon into bowls.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and swirl the water. Crack the British Lion egg into a ramekin and tip into the water, then repeat with the second egg. Gently simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until the white is cooked but the yolk is still runny. Drain onto kitchen paper. Spoon on top of the pasta and serve at once.
- Chop the cooked spaghetti for baby / toddler into 2-3 cm lengths and enjoy.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on veggie pasta
A quick and easy egg and veggie pasta meal for babies and nutritionally balanced. There’s high quality protein, important...
Annabel Karmel's Scrambled egg and guacamole teddy bears
Suitable for: toddler Serves: 2 adult portions and 2 baby portions
Dippy egg with cucumber sticks
Ring the changes to the traditional egg and toast soldiers, by letting baby dip cucumber fingers into a dippy...
Omelette fingers with tomato and spinach
Omelette fingers are an ideal and nutritious early meal for your baby and a great finger food. This omelette...