Annabel Karmel’s poached egg spaghetti with pesto and cherry tomatoes
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 175g spaghetti
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 heaped tablespoons fresh pesto
- 150g cherry tomatoes quartered
- Small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain reserving 3 tbsp of pasta water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes before adding the garlic and frying for 30 seconds.
- Add the pesto, tomatoes, basil and drained pasta and toss over the heat for a few seconds. Add the reserved pasta water and the Parmesan cheese. Spoon into bowls.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and swirl the water. Crack the British Lion egg into a ramekin and tip into the water, then repeat with the second egg. Gently simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until the white is cooked but the yolk is still runny. Drain onto kitchen paper. Spoon on top of the pasta and serve at once.
- Chop the cooked spaghetti for baby / toddler into 2-3 cm lengths and enjoy.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Dippy egg with cucumber sticks
Ring the changes to the traditional egg and toast soldiers, by letting baby dip cucumber fingers into a dippy...
Omelette fingers with tomato and spinach
Omelette fingers are an ideal and nutritious early meal for your baby and a great finger food . This...
Annabel Karmel's one pan eggs with chicken and rice
Suitable for: baby and toddler (8 months+) Serves: 1 adult, 2 baby/toddler portions
Sweet potato mash with soft boiled egg and broccoli puree
A delicious and nutritious meal combining egg with vegetable purees. The recipe provides high quality protein, vitamins and minerals...