Big breakfast tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
A delicious egg recipe that can be enjoyed by all the family for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 450g/1lb good quality sausages
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 175g/6oz chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sausages under a hot grill for 8-10mins, turning them occasionally until browned. Cook the bacon under the grill for 5-6mins turning once until crisp and golden. Cool slightly, then slice the sausages and cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces. This could be done the night before, simply chill until required.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-4mins or until golden. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 1min. Remove the pan from the heat, add the sausages and bacon and mix well.
- Beat the eggs with a little salt and plenty of ground black pepper. Pour into the pan and stir for 1 min until the egg begins to cook. Shake the pan to level the surface. Cover the pan with a baking sheet and cook for 5mins or until the surface has almost set. Remove the baking sheet then cook the omelette under a hot grill for 2-3mins until firmly set. Cool slightly before serving in wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mushroom and Gorgonzola omelette
A rich and earthy omelette for the cheese lovers. Gorgonzola and walnut pairing is simply the best.
English breakfast tortilla
Create a tortilla from classic breakfast ingredients and you'll have a perfect meal at any time of the day.
Fine herb omelette with sliced smoked salmon
A recipe for fine herb omelette served with sliced smoked salmon.