BLT soufflé frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
- 140g diced pancetta
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 8 British Lion eggs, separated
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 50g Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas mark 5.
- Fry the pancetta in a pan until crispy then use a slotted spoon to remove from the pan, leaving any fat in the pan.
- Fry the leeks for 3 minutes until soft then remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Mix together the egg yolks, mustard, parsley, half the cheese and pancetta, then season with salt and black pepper. Finally, fold in the egg whites.
- Heat a 25cm frying pan on a high heat, it must be able to go in the oven.
- Add the olive oil and pour in the egg mixture. Scatter over the tomatoes and leeks and the remaining cheese. Once the eggs start to firm up around the edges, place the pan in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and risen. Remove from the oven and serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Rhiannon Lambert's veggie and chickpea frittata
Wanting a nutrient-rich supper? This veggie and chickpea frittata created by Registered Nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert can be served hot...
Big breakfast tortilla
A delicious egg recipe that can be enjoyed by all the family for breakfast, lunch or dinner.