Mushroom and Gorgonzola omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
A rich and earthy omelette for the cheese lovers. Gorgonzola and walnut pairing is simply the best.
- 3 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 30g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 30g gorgonzola, cut to small pieces
- 20g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 5g chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start with frying the mushrooms. Heat up 1 tablespoon of butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, until nicely browned. Season generously with salt and black pepper. Take off the heat and leave aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and the double cream. Heat up the remaining tablespoon of butter in a small frying pan over a low heat. Add the whisked eggs and stir rapidly with a spatula for 1 minute. Put a lid on and cook for another 1-2 minutes. When the base of your omelette is set spread the gorgonzola cheese, mushrooms and walnut over half of your omelette. Fold the side without topping over the other and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the eggs just slightly runny inside.
3. Sprinkle the omelette with chives and serve immediately.
Omelettes can be tricky. Use a good non-stick pan for this recipe to lower the pressure!
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: