Rhiannon Lambert's veggie and chickpea frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Wanting a nutrient-rich supper? This veggie and chickpea frittata created by Registered Nutritionist Rhiannon Lambert can be served hot or cold. Rhiannon says: “Eggs are just incredible - they’re a naturally nutritious food that’s accessible to everyone, protein-rich and vitamin-filled.”
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 250g sweet potato peeled
- 200g carrot, peeled
- 200g parsnip, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (400g) can chickpeas, drained
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onions and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Whilst this happens, coarsely grate the root vegetables onto a board. Add the grated veg to the pan, increase the heat slightly and cook, stirring until the vegetables are soft and lightly golden.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin parsley, drained chickpeas and continue to cook, stirring for a minute until well mixed.
- Crack the eggs into a large jug and add a little salt and pepper. Beat together then pour into the pan. Stir until the eggs begin to scramble.
- After stirring, shake the pan to level the frittata and then continue to cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until the base is set. Pop the pan under a hot grill and continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes until the top is golden and set.
- Transfer to a board and leave to cool for a few minutes before slicing into wedges.
- Serve scattered with the remaining parsley. Serve in wedges with salad. Delicious hot or cold.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: