Chow mein with prawns
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 8mins
This delicious chow mein with prawns makes a satisfying meal for the family and is quick to prepare. Take a look at these egg recipes when you next need to rustle up a quick meal for the family.
- 225g (8oz) medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) mange tout, shredded
- 225g (8oz) cooked, peeled tiger prawns
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2.5cm (1 inch) piece root ginger, grated
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside. Heat half the oil in a large wok, add the spring onions, carrot, mange tout, prawns, garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and pour in the eggs. Cook, stirring continuously, until the eggs have scrambled.
- Add the soy sauce, noodles and stir-fried vegetables to the wok and stir-fry together for 1 minute. Serve immediately in bowls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Wok fried egg and spicy minced pork with garlic & ginger
Cook’s tips The best way to set yourself up for cooking this dish is to separate all the prepared...
Stir fried eggs
Stir fries are quick and easy to prepare and this version made with eggs is filling and tasty too.
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...