Crunchy seeded soldiers and soft boiled eggs
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 3 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- British Lion eggs
- 1 thick slice wholemeal bread
- 10g low fat spread
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds, such as sunflower, chia, poppy, sesame and pumpkin
- Remove the crusts from the bread. Mix the spread and Marmite together, then spread this on both sides of the bread and slice it into 1.5cm wide fingers.
- Empty the seeds into a shallow dish, add the bread and roll until coated in seeds. Place in a small baking tray. Pop until the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden and crisp on all sides. Keep warm.
- To cook the eggs, place them in a small pan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and place the pan on a high heat. When the water is almost boiling, gently stir the eggs and boil for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Lift the eggs from the water and place in egg cups. Cut the top off the shells and serve the eggs with the crunchy toast soldiers.
See our how-to guide to perfect boiled eggs.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: