Dippy eggs and soldiers, with asparagus
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 1 British Lion egg
- 4 spears of fresh green asparagus
- 2 slices of prosciutto ham
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Cut the slices of prosciutto in half width-ways. Roll up the spears of asparagus in the prosciutto making sure they are tightly wrapped. Allow the spear end of the asparagus to remain unwrapped and visible.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the oil. Place the asparagus soldiers in the pan and cook over a medium heat. They need about 3-4 minutes – roll them over every now and then.
- To cook the eggs, place them in a small pan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and place the pan on a high heat. When the water is almost boiling, gently stir the egg and boil for 3-4 minutes. Remove and serve as boiled eggs in an egg cup with the soldiers alongside.
For more tips about boiling eggs see the How to boil an egg page.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Gizzi Erskine's boiled eggs and asparagus spears
Gizzi says: "For perfect boiled eggs it’s all in the timing. My best tip for gloriously gooey yolks is...
Tom Daley’s boiled egg and avocado soldiers
An introduction to eggs and avocado for baby to feed themselves, packed full of nutrition with high quality protein...
Gizzi Erskine's cheat's croque madame
Gizzi says: "For a continental twist on lunch try a croque madame and transport yourself to Paris in the...