Egg and ham pitta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
- 1 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread
- 2 slices wafer thin ham
- 6 slices of cucumber
- cherry tomatoes to serve
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling begins simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the egg cook, pop the pitta in a toaster or under the grill until it puffs up, use a knife to cut it in half and open up the pocket.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. When cold, peel away the shells. Chop the egg and mix in the mayonnaise.
- Spread the mayonnaise inside the pitta pockets, top with the ham and cucumber slices. Cut each in half to make 4 pieces. Serve with cherry tomatoes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Indian egg and potato salad
This Indian egg and potato salad is a great recipe for vegetarians.
White bean and egg salad
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion
Kale salad with avocado and boiled egg
It’s green and its delicious! This salad will give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.