Egg, sweetcorn and bacon jackets
- Serves: 6
- Cook: 40mins
A great way to revamp and use up leftover jacket potatoes.
- 3 large cooked jacket potatoes
- ½ tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 3 rashers (100g) smoked bacon, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150g sweetcorn
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 50g mature cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp chives, to garnish, optional
- Heat oven to gas mark 5/190C/170C fan.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and bacon and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in the sweetcorn.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes in half and scoop out the middle leaving a 1/2cm thick ‘skin’. You can freeze the potato flesh to use as mash. Place the potato skins on a baking tray.
- Add the filling to each potato, then scatter each with some cheese.
- Break an egg into each and scatter with a little more cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until just cooked through.
- Scatter with chives, if using, and serve.
For a veggie version, swap bacon for sliced cooked veggie sausage or half a can of cannellini beans.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato and pepper bake
Ideal for a low cost mid-week supper, this tasty sweet potato and pepper bake is also suitable for vegetarians.
A great-tasting picnic favourite, our summer quiche recipe is a fantastic dish to share with others on a sunny...
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...