Green eggs and ham with spinach
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- A dash of milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g spinach, watercress and rocket salad leaves
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 slices bread
- 4 slices wafer thin ham
- Beat the eggs in a jug with the milk and plenty of seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan and add the oil.
- Roughly chop the salad leaves and add to the pan along with the spring onion and chilli and sauté for 1 minute. Meanwhile, toast the bread on both sides until golden and place on warm plates.
- Pour in the eggs and cook over a gentle heat until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Spoon the eggs onto the toast and serve with the ham.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...
Scrambled eggs with watercress
Scrambled egg with watercress is a delicious taste of spring.