- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
For British Egg Week 2011.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 150g chorizo, cubed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 50g grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 small soft flour tortillas
- In a dry pan fry the chorizo for 1-2 minutes then add the onion and chilli and garlic and continue to cook for a couple of minutes, add the tomatoes, paprika and sugar and cook for a further few minutes. Make 4 wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs, cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the whites are set.
- Make some tortilla baskets by placing a tortilla over an oven proof bowl and bake in a pre-heated oven set at 160C for 8-10 minutes, being careful not to brown the tortilla too much. Leave to cool while still on the bowl then place on a serving plate and add the eggs, some sauce, a scattering of chopped coriander, the cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Fragrant Indonesian fried rice
Egg fried rice with chicken makes a super-speedy supper for four.
English breakfast tortilla
Create a tortilla from classic breakfast ingredients and you'll have a perfect meal at any time of the day.
Moroccan spiced eggs and tomatoes with a minted yoghurt
A great brunch or lunch recipe full of flavour and it's healthy too.
A fresh and quick version of this classic egg recipe.