Potato, anchovy and kale tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
Superfoods ahoy! Fish, eggs and kale are busting with fantastic nutrition to power you through the day and when combined with this recipe, taste amazing too! Perfect for taking out on your next picnic or party.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 500g small potatoes, sliced 1/2cm thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 150g kale, thick stalks discarded, chopped
- 6 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 50g anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
- Heat oven to Mark 5/190C/170C fan. Heat oil in a medium non-stick ovenproof frying pan, add the garlic and cook gently for five minutes until golden.
- Add potatoes, onion and pepper and cook for about eight minutes until golden, stirring often. Add the kale and cook for another five minutes. Stir in the anchovies and season.
- Add eggs to the pan, continue to cook, stirring occasionally for three minutes until it is about half set.
- Smooth the surface and bake for 8-10 minutes until the surface is set but the middle is still a little soft. Leave to set in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Place a plate upside down on the pan and flip it to turnout the frittata. Slice and serve with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...
This is a good one for picnics or taking round to a gathering as you can slice and share...
Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
Want to try something different and spoil yourself at the same time? Then whip up this super-tasty omelette, perfect...