Wild mushroom omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Treat yourself to an omelette with a difference.
- 30g unsalted butter
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 30g wild mushrooms, sliced
- pinch of fresh thyme
- 3 British Lion eggs
- Gently melt the butter in a medium, non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the red onion, mushrooms and thyme in the pan for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Whisk the eggs and seasoning in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and, using a fork, push the egg into the centre of the pan over a low heat to set the bottom and sides to your requirements.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
An omelette is a wonderful use for three fresh eggs and can be filled with your favourite ingredients, great...
Popular how-to guides
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for cooking great boiled eggs every time.
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light perfect basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Poaching an egg is easy to master, follow our step-by-step guide.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.