Raisin and cinnamon eggy bread
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
A delicious dessert that all the family will enjoy.
- oil for frying
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 6 slices raisin and cinnamon loaf
- blueberries and raspberries and crème fraiche to serve
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Beat the eggs in a shallow dish. Dip the slices of raisin bread in the egg, turning until coated, then add to the hot pan.
- Cook 2-3 slices at a time, for 4-5mins, turning over once until they are golden on both sides. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining egg and bread.
- To serve, cut the eggy bread slices in half and arrange three pieces per person. Scatter over a few raspberries and blueberries and serve with crème fraiche.
See also: the classic eggy bread recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mango & passion fruit soufflé omelette
This light and refreshing dessert has only 225 calories per portion, yet it's impressive enough to entertain your guests.
Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
Gizzi says: " A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’...
Fennel bread and butter pudding
Bread & butter pudding with ginger custard.
Soufflé omelette, quark cream & berries
Soufflé omelette, with quark cream and berries with only 273 calories per portion is a quick and easy dessert