Spanish Eggs Benedict
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 4mins
- Cook: 12mins
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 1 red or orange pepper, deseeded
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sun dried or plain tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices crusty bread
- 6 slices chorizo sausage
- A handful of chopped parsley to garnish
- Cut the pepper into quarters and place skin side up on a grill rack, cook under a high heat for about 8 minutes until the skin has blistered. Peel this away and set aside.
- Place the milk, butter, flour and paprika in a small pan and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, whisking all the time until a smooth sauce forms. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the sun dried tomato paste and season to taste. Keep warm.
- Toast the bread on both sides and place on a warm plate.
- Pour 5cm water into a deep frying pan, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Carefully crack the eggs into the simmering water, then allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Top the toast with the peppers, then the slices of chorizo and the egg. Pour the sauce over the eggs and serve scattered with parsley.
You may also enjoy our classic Eggs Benedict recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Perfect poached eggs
The homemade corned beef hash in this recipe is a great base for your perfect poached eggs to sit...
Tom Daley's jalapeno corn bread with poached eggs, avocado and chipotle mayo
Nothing beats a super moist, buttery homemade cornbread with a fluffy centre and this recipe is just that. Top...
Warming and flavoursome, this comfort food is sure to be popular with the family and is suitable for vegetarians.