Sweet potato mash with soft boiled egg and broccoli puree
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 16mins
A delicious and nutritious meal combining egg with vegetable purees. The recipe provides high quality protein, vitamins and minerals from the egg and extra nutrients from other ingredients such as some vitamin C in the broccoli and carotene in the sweet potato. Suitable from six months.
- 1/4 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 florets broccoli
- 2 tsp creme fraiche or Greek yogurt
- Knob of butter
- One medium British Lion egg
- Add the sweet potato to a pan of water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes until tender then drain and mash well, stirring through the butter.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, steam the broccoli for a few minutes over the water with a colander or steamer. Transfer to a blender and blitz to puree with the creme fraiche.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and lower in the egg. Simmer for 6 minutes then drain, rinse under cold water and leave to cool a little. Peel and quarter then serve with the mash and broccoli puree.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Poached egg on pureed peas
This soft-textured recipe for babies is a great alternative to poached egg with toast. The meal provides high quality...
Pancakes with fruit and yoghurt
Baby’s first pancakes are great finger food - and nutritious too, with high quality protein and important vitamins and...
Tom Daley’s boiled egg and avocado soldiers
An introduction to eggs and avocado for baby to feed themselves, packed full of nutrition with high quality protein...
Annabel Karmel’s baked egg and avocado boats
Suitable for: toddler and baby (from 9 months+) Serves: 1 adult portion & 2 baby portions